First of all...I LOVE my new template for my blog. I saw it on a friends blog and just had to go get it for my own blog. So onto my post....
Today I (hopefully) started a tradition for my girls and I...Christmas candy/treat making. I've never (not even as a child) made candy before so this was new for all of us. We first had to wear our matching aprons! These were a Christmas gift last year from my mom. Then we got to work, I would dip the items in the chocolate and then put them on wax paper. Then the girls would add sprinkles and boy did they do a GREAT job! We went through a LOT of sprinkles and I think about half of them didn't even stick to the treats, they were everywhere. It doesn't matter though, it will clean up and the girls had a BLAST so that is all that matters!!

Briahna starts off with the mint dipped oreos - adding sprinkles.
Today I (hopefully) started a tradition for my girls and I...Christmas candy/treat making. I've never (not even as a child) made candy before so this was new for all of us. We first had to wear our matching aprons! These were a Christmas gift last year from my mom. Then we got to work, I would dip the items in the chocolate and then put them on wax paper. Then the girls would add sprinkles and boy did they do a GREAT job! We went through a LOT of sprinkles and I think about half of them didn't even stick to the treats, they were everywhere. It doesn't matter though, it will clean up and the girls had a BLAST so that is all that matters!!

Briahna starts off with the mint dipped oreos - adding sprinkles.
Hailey adding sprinkles to the peanut clusters.
Double time - both the girls jump in to help with pretzels...mommy could hardly keep up!
Burning off some of the sugar from all the "samples." I loved hearing them laugh and giggle as they rolled around. :)
Love this pic - we had a great time making memories today!
No comments:
Post a Comment