CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 20, 2010

An AMAZING Christmas Surprise

We had our Christmas party at school last Friday. As it was begining to start, more and more parents were coming into my room(more than normal) but with the party being on a Friday afternoon....I didn't give it much thought. I just thought that the parents took advantage of taking off a Friday early to come party it up at their child's school.

Right before the party started, I was told to stand right where I was at and the parents had something they needed to do.

The next few minutes are a blur of tears of joy. In walks my friend Kelly with a boquet of sorts. My coworkers and families of my current students (and a few past families) got together and presented me and my family with a large cash donation to go towards airplane tickets to fly the girls and I to Amos. I was STUNNED to say the least...all I could do was just cry as I was overwhelmed by the love showered upon me at that moment. The homemade boquet was made by my coworker Barb. She made paper helicopoters, an airplane, stars with coworkers names on it and snowflakes with money attached as well as a card attached with my student's names and a cashiers check enclosed. Below are some pics of this gift that blew me away....


Notice my picture is in an airplane.....

...and Amos' picture on a helicoptor. So creative!!


I can not put into words the gratitude I feel. All I can say is Thank You! Amos has a Family Day coming up the end of Jan. or begining of Feb. where his family is invited to come out to the flight line and watch Amos fly a helicoptor and check out what he has been up to in school. With paying for two homes we didn't think that another trip to AL was possible...so going to family day was more of a dream and now it's reality...we're just waiting for an offical date now. God works in wonderous and mysterious ways! I am so thankful that he works through people that we love and hold dear to our hearts! I can't begin say thank you enough to the many friends, coworkers and families who made this possible. I will leave you with a short video of the presentation in my classroom. Now I know why all the parents were in my room Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment