While Daddy was preparing for night flights and adjusting his schedule, we have been busy celebrating today as well.
Briahna started Kindergarten today! Where has the time gone? I don't know but I do know that she had a great day! She is just across the hall from me and since I teach kindergarten as well, I feel blessed to see her as much as I do. It's a bit strange though because I'm used to teaching, used to working with kids and adjusting to their needs. Everytime I'd look up and see her on the playground, at lunch, at snack or in the hall I found myself thinking, "Why is she here at school? Why isn't she at daycare?" I then remind myself that she is the same age as the kids in my class and she fits in perfect. Her teacher said she had a great day! Hoping for many more! :) She's growing up too fast!
This summer we found her back to school outfit and she of course picked out her lunch box. When I mentioned a backpack she really wanted to use the one she got from Upward a few years back. I was fine with that. (It saved me money!)
While everyone else in the house was nervous about 1st days, Miss Hailey was ready to party! She turned 4 today!!! I look at her (my baby) and just think, "she's 4! WHAT!" She was the biggest surprise I have ever received and will never forget the day we found out she was joining our family! She is such a blessing and a perfect balance to our family! She is always singing or dancing. We say she goes to the beat of her own drum...it's so true! She also is always up to give us a laugh but very sweet and ready to hug and snuggle at a moment's notice.
Here she is this morning. She picked out her own birthday dress, did a great job! Briahna picked out the Minnie Mouse for her present. The glasses are from Amos and I. She got other clothes and Littlest Pet Shop animals too. I loved that everytime we sang to her or gave her a gift, the first thing out of her mouth was "Thank you!" Such a sweetie!
No comments:
Post a Comment