CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Days

Well the girls and I got quite the gift - 2 extra days home together! Sunday night while we were sleeping about 5 inches of snow fell. Then in the morning we got about another 2. We were very happy that school was closed Monday! Below are some pics of what we did.


Here is what we woke up to on our deck Monday morning.


We spent the morning watching movies and being lazy. We did whip out the brand new mini cupcake maker and made mini muffins for a morning snack. They were tasty - Hailey has her mouth full here.


The girls begged to go outside. I made them wait until there was a break in the snowfall. After lunch we bundled up and headed out.


I opened the garage door and they literally jumped in the snow. They had so much fun! They climbed in it, made snow angels and then went to their play ground and went down the slide into the snow. While they were playing I started the process of shoveling the driveway. WOW! What a workout! The neighbor girl from across the street popped over and offered to help. What a sweetie!


The girls gave up playing before I was done shoveling. I took a break and got them warmed up inside. Then I headed out to finish....here is the finished product. It looked great until we got three more inchs of snow. It started falling right after I thought I was done.

The good news was we ended up getting Tuesday off due to wind blowing drifts and frigid temperatures. Despite the temperature, I was able to get out that afternoon and shovel while the girls watched a movie. Below is what our deck looked like Tuesday morning.


The girls and I had a great time together! These few days were just a taste of Spring Break and Summer Break to come! :)




2 comments:

  1. Hi Neighbor!! I shoveled the sidewalk and my back said "No way!" to the driveway. My thought is, I didn't put it there...why do I have to move it?!! My girls are going to have to learn how to shovel snow!!

    BTW...sorry I had to use your driveway in the snow the other day. My van couldn't make it up our road! So I had to pull in your driveway and then back up..so much for front-wheel drive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where the tire marks came from....so glad I could be of help! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete