CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A visit to the ocean.....

Well this past Saturday we met up with some friends and followed them to the beach. We are about an hour and a half away from Panama City so the drive is doable.
Before going, I spoke with my friend Des who had gone several times and would be going with us. From her esperiences, I got us 2 beach mats (blankets and towels held sand horribly) and a beach umbrella. Instead of bringing a bunch of food that would just get sandy, we stopped and ate before we got the beach and kept snacks in the car for the ride home.
So going to the beach was fun and I was excited to take the girls to the ocean but I never understood why people can just lay at the beach all day....sounded boring to me.
Well NOW I could easily be a "beach bum." The ocean sounds are just incredibly relaxing and I loved just standing in the water, being taken away by the force of the waves and looking around at God's awesome beauty. The pictures don't do justice but I'll post them anyways. It is hard to take pics at the beach, all sandy and wet but oh well.

Also in this pic you can see Briahna in her pink life jacket playing with Aedon and Cadi.

Here is Hailey all sunscreened and ready to go!

We saw lots of fun animals too! We saw Seagulls fighting over a fish. Reminded me of "Finding Nemo" and the birds shouting "mine, mine, mine!" We also saw pelicans and at a shallow part a bunch of people were snorkeling and one guy found this huge crab! There was also a racoon there getting food from people. I guess he's been there for a while and is pretty tame, or at least seemed to be that way. There was one part where you walk out to this shallow area that was really dark. The dark area was a giant school of fish! All these silver looking fish bunched together and swimming with the waves. If you walked close to them, they would just move or split up around you. Again, very cool!
We had a blast and I am ready to go back, just got to convince my lobster husband to go again and wear different sunblock next time!
Oh and by the end of the day we were tired! I'll let Hailey tell you how we all felt!

No comments:

Post a Comment