So I first off apologize for not posting sooner. I have no excuse for not posting as I am off work at the moment and feel like I am pretty much on vacation in Alabama!
Anyways...last Saturday we went to the lake on post. It was so much fun! Our roommate, Nate had his parents in from the KS/MO area. He rented a boat and tube for the day and invited us to join him. We made a day of it with them and a few others from the area by grilling at the lake and swimming (well trying to....get to that in a minute.
While on the boat, Hailey was very brave and decided to ride the tube with mommy. She did great, plus the driver of the boat went slow enough to just pull us but not throw us off! Then she was "all done" and left mommy to ride by herself. Ok, so I have been pulled to the point of being thrown off a tube many of times thanks to my dad and uncles, however I quickly factored in the fact that my kids were on the boat pulling me (Amos had a funeral that morning and didn't join us until later) and Briahna was scared to death to go on the tube even though little sis just went. So I asked Nate to be nice so my kids (mainly Briahna) wouldn't see me get thrown. He was nice but not to worry, I still had to hang on through some wakes!

After a fun boat ride, we went back and fired up the grill. We grilled brats, burgers and hot dogs. Shortly after lunch we were chillin while others were on the boat and we were waiting for the swimming beach (complete with slides and a trampoline…see pic) to open at noon.
Literally minutes away and all of the sudden we see rain coming in 2 directions, we quickly covered stuff and ran to roll up windows. We then sat as the wind picked up to keep our food and beach gear with reach. The rain FINALLY let up and then while there was little to no rain, there was lots of thunder so the swimming beach remained closed for quite some time.
The kids enjoyed the sand and snacking. We then got back in the boat when Amos arrived and coaxed Briahna into riding the tube with Amos. She hated it!! Cried and cried and cried! Then Hailey road it and almost fell asleep because she was so tired. After a few more rounds of riding, we headed back to drop everyone off and return the boat. Hailey actually fell asleep on the boat and Briahna came close so we decided to call it a day and head home.
Briahna was not happy as we never made it to the fun slides and swimming but I assured her that we would be back! J

That is all for now, since the lake we visited a zoo and celebrated the 4th so more to come….soon I promise!
You are having way too much fun out there!!! We are missing you, but are so glad you are enjoying being together and doing so much fun stuff together!
ReplyDelete