We left Topeka Friday around 1:30pm. The van was LOADED with the luggage rack on top full as well. I had to move as much as I could down to furnish our apartment so that explains the full van.
Anyways, our destination for Friday was St. Louis. Once we arrived we drove circles in downtown St Louie trying to get to the arch! It was a bit crazy as the river was flooded and there was a wedding going on. We finally made it to the arch, parked and walked around a bit. While we couldn't go up because we arrived after they closed, we did witness a proposal and it felt good to walk around.

After we visited the arch we drove east out of St. Louis to find our hotel for the night. Once we checked in we grabbed a late dinner at TJIFridays. Once we got back to the hotel, it poured rain!! In fact, it poured all night long! I was thankful that we were at the hotel and not on the road!
Saturday morning we got up, got around and hit the road. Today's first destination was Nashville. I grew up on country music and was really excited to see some of the places I've always seen on TV. Well upon arrival we discovered that it was CMA Music Festival! While that was exciting, that meant everything was crowded and busy! After driving through downtown Nashville and finding a few sites, we decided to go else where for lunch. We had our hearts set on Hard Rock Cafe but that was packed. We ended up at Fazoli's across town.

Here is the Wild Horse Saloon. We also found the Country Music Hall of Fame!
Since we couldn't go site seeing in Nashville we hit the road as our next stop was Huntsville, AL. This is where we had booked our second night at our hotel. However, since we didn't site see in Nashville we were way ahead of schedule. We decided to cancel our reservations and make the drive all the way to Enterprise....our final destination. We arrived at 9pm and were hoping to surprise Amos. Well he surprised us as he as at Walmart when we got there. Since our new apartment is on the 2nd story (and I didn't have a key) we unloaded the van and carried everything up so that when Amos arrived, it would be ready to go inside.
That in short was our road trip. We had lots of laughs and a few u turns in the mix. I am so thankful for wonderful friends who each ave up a week so help me and the girls come down here. We spent the rest of their time here unpacking and showing them around. I took them to a few of my favorite local boutiques and Mellow Mushroom for lunch. Another day I showed them the post, the air field and everything in between.
The last day they were here we went to the beach. It's a 2 hr drive so we again shared some laughs as we drove. After a day at the beach I took them to their hotel. They booked one night at a place on the beach and then had a shuttle take them to the airport the next night.

That's all for now! We have a fun long weekend planned....better go get busy enjoying it!
Happy 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment