Now Disney World is a 5 1/2 hr drive away from us. I really wanted to take the girls since we were so close and I convinced Amos to go over 4th of July Weekend since he was off. I just had to promise to pay off the credit card once we quit paying for two places this fall.
Our deal was made and I began making travel plans. First I went to the travel center on post and found great deals on hotels, dining plan ( recommend it!) and park tickets. Thankfully they have a small play area for the kids so my girls were distracted while I made the reservations and got everything squared away. We were able to keep it a secret from the girls. I love surprises!!
I was able to pack and load the van without them knowing -- gotta love new movies and books from the library!
When Amos came home from class Thursday, I had sandwiches packed and we were off. We told the girls we were taking a surprise trip. They kept asking if we were going to Chuck E Cheese and they couldn't believe us when we told them that our trip was WAY better!
About an hour away we stopped for bathroom breaks and we told them. I have it on video of my phone...they were both pretty excited! It was cute, after I told them, Hailey turned to Amos and asked him if he wanted to go!! LOVE IT!
We arrived at our hotel, the All Star Movie Resort LATE Thursday night. It was all we could do to check in, lug our stuff in and crash. Here are some pics of our resort.
This was in the courtyard outside our room. Our hotel was split into several buildings, each had a theme to go with a movie. We were in the Dalmatian building. There was a Toy Story building, a Love Bug building, a Fantasia building and a Mighty Ducks building. The last day we were there we spent some time checking out the place.
This was our staircase at our building.
So let's back up to the first day we were there. Despite a late night we were able to get up and around and head out for our first adventure around 10. We headed to Magic Kingdom. I got a really cute picture of Hailey peering out the bus anxiously awaiting the views of the castle.
Once we arrived, our first trip was to the Castle.
We then spent the rest of the day visiting the park, riding rides and catching shows. Of course, it had to rain our first day there. Thankfully it didn't last horribly long! Lots of people took cover so we decided to walk the almost empty streets instead. :) We were able to capture a family photo in front of the castle.
After this we were able to catch the "Celebrate" Parade. I was so excited watching the girls, especially Briahna. She kept pointing out who she could see next. Her and Hailey both loved waving at the characters!
After the parade we decided to head back to the hotel for a bit for some R&R. Then we freshened up and headed to Downtown Disney. In our dining plan we each got one quick service meal, one snack and one sit down meal a day. We decided to head to to Wolfgang Puck since we've never been there before. Walking through Downtown Disney we found several shops and a really neat Lego shop. All of their displays were made out of Legos.
Once we finally made it to the restaurant we enjoyed a fabulous meal. Once we finished, we wanted to see some fireworks. We got a bus and headed back to the castle at Magic Kingdom. There we joined several others for an amazing display.
The next day we packed our things, loaded our van and then hopped on a bus and went back to Magic Kingdom. We rode a few more rides and finally found a few characters along the way.
For lunch we had reservations at the Royal Palace. This was a restaurant next to the Castle. It was buffet style (but really good I might add) and we got to dine with the Winnie the Pooh Characters! How fun!!
After our lunch, we let the girls each pick out something in the shops. They both settled on Disney World necklaces. After shopping we said goodbye to the Castle, jumped on the monorail and headed to Epcot.
There we got to meet a few more characters and ride a ride that included Nemo and his friends.
After a very hot afternoon at Epcot we stopped to cool off with a snack.
We wanted to ride the ride that goes into the ball of Epcot. The line was super short before our cool treat break. However, it nearly tripled in length after we were all cleaned up. We checked a few more things out and decided to call it a trip. We were all sad to leave. We grabbed one more meal at the food court at our resort, this helped us use our our remaining meals on our dining plan. We then hit the road.
We had a blast at Disney World even though it was a quick trip. We can't wait to go back, stay longer and check out more of the parks!
No comments:
Post a Comment