March
March 1 marked a year of Amos being gone! Hard to believe he has already been living in the South for a year! Does that make him a resident?? :)
For Spring Break the girls and I flew south to spend our week off with Amos. We arrived on a Saturday and stayed a week. It was incredibly hard to return to cold KS! Amos was in class during the day so we only got to see him in the evenings. But after our family spending most of our time apart, that time was cherished! Usually we'd eat dinner and then head to the park where we could walk the trail and talk, then the kids would play on the play ground.

During the day, the girls and I spent time with my girlfriend Desi and her two kiddos. It wasn't warm enough for the kids to swim so we threw them in Desi's big bath tub....the kids loved it!
One day we went to post during lunch and had a picnic with daddy and his friends.
The girls' favorite part of the trip - riding around in Daddy's new Jeep. He recently sold his motorcycle and bought a Jeep. It's really just for fun (as was his bike) but this fun can hold all 4 of us at once. They still talk about riding in it.
April
On April 1st(no foolin) Briahna attended Kindergarten round up! Sniff sniff! It's hard to believe that she will go to Kindergarten next year! She had a blast and is ready to go to mommy's school!
On Easter weekend, Hailey made her debut as a flower girl. Briahna has been a flower girl twice now so it was Hailey's turn. She was in my cousin Matt's wedding in a small town in Missouri. She did great and actually wore one of Briahna's old dresses. Not only did Hailey toss flowers, she stood up there next to the bride and bridesmaids the entire time. Of course she did win the hearts of many of the guests....not sure who got more attention during the ceremony, her or the couple!

May
In May one of my sister's Janel, graduated from college in Colorado. My parents, my sister Jeri, the girls and I loaded up and made the drive to Ft. Collins. I've never been there, which is sad because she has lived there for 4 years now. It is a gorgeous town and we happen to visit when the weather was beautiful! We even went on a hike. Hailey fell asleep on the way to the hiking spot (Horse Tooth Mountain)so my mom stayed with her while my dad, Janel, Jeri, Briahna and I set out to hike. We didn't hike up the mountain but went around it to the falls. So pretty! I was proud of Briahna, she did a great job and only needed a few piggy back rides on the way back. Thankfully there was four of us so we took turns.

Also in May I found out that I was moving to Kindergarten next year. On of our fabulous K teachers retired. Then we found out that our numbers for 1st grade next year are low -- so one of us had to move down. I eagerly volunteered because Briahna would be a kindergartener next year and I wanted to be close to her during her first year. I will miss my fabulous 1st grade team but I am going into a fabulous K team....just have some big shoes to fill from the teacher retiring!
June
June 4th Briahna turned 5!! My how time has gone! She celebrated in style with a Barbie birthday party...well 2 actually. She had some friends over for lunch and cookies and then had family over for dinner and cake. We had a busy day but enjoyed celebrating her birthday! She is growing up way too fast!
The first full week of June was VBS. I took on the role of directing or what I like to call delagating. :) It went off great and we ran around 120 kids a night with 163 being our highest night on Wednesday. Our church has fantastic members who are willing to help in any way!
Then June 10th came and we headed south with two of my girl friends. We are in AL now and will remain here for the remainder of the summer. Look forward to a road trip post with pics and updates on our summer happenings. As Paul Harvey would say..."Now you are up to date." (Or something like that!)
No comments:
Post a Comment