So I spent much of last week working our Vacation Bible School at church and packing at home to spend the remaining 8 weeks of our summer in Alabama with Amos. Well after a very successful ( I was so proud of myself) pack of the van where I got all of our stuff in but we could still clearly see out the back window! Saturday morning I woke up at 5, got dressed and packed the remaining last minute items. I then scooped up the girls, who had slept that night before in comfy clothes and placed them in their car seats. We then set off to pick up my mom who would accompany us on our adventure and we were Alabama bound! We took the day and drove to Nashville, usually stopping every 2 hrs, which I thought was awesome for traveling with kids! In fact they didn't even ask to watch a movie until we were a little over an hour from Nashville! I had previously made reservations for a hotel just south of Nashville so that we would have a goal and we met it with flying colors! About 6pm we pulled into our hotel. We unpacked and settled in, then found a shopping center down the road with several choices for restaurants. We settled on Cracker Barrel and then did some shopping afterwards. We then headed back to the hotel, bathed and hit the beds!
Before going to sleep I pulled out the GPS to see how much farther we would drive the next day, I was very happy to discover that we had 5 hours of driving left! :)
The next morning we took our time waking up and getting around. We then enjoyed a nice breakfast at the hotel before hitting the road again. We stopped a little more frequently on Sunday but knowing we only had 5 hrs to drive made it more laid back and enjoyable.
We arrived in Enterprise, AL around 4pm. With the help of Amos and his roommate Nate we were quickly unloaded. Over the past few days we have gotten to know Nate and his wife Alex well and they are a very sweet and mature couple who are just amazing with our kids! We feel blessed to be living with them.
As for the rest of the summer, I am going to enjoy my new role as a stay at home mommy! We have a key to a pool just down the road from us, walking distance! :) It is so hot here that a daily visit to the pool will just about be a must!
Will keep you posted on our adventures in Alabama!
Pressure Cooker Orange Essence Choco-Flan
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment