CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Break in Review

What a wonderful 5 days of Thanksgiving Break we've had! We started it Tuesday after school with a trip to Cold Stone. I picked up the girls and decided to use our free kids scoops for a special trip. Then we went home, took baths and showers and then ate supper. Nothing wrong with doing it backwards for a night, right? It was a great distraction to the fact that daddy was arriving late that night and at what would normally be bedtime was when we loaded the van in PJs to head to the airport to get daddy. He arrived in good time...not too much later than scheduled.
The next few days were a blurr. We enjoyed our time with daddy, we put up the tree, read books, sang songs, ate and spent time with family. I felt like our front door was a revolving door for a few days. Family stopped by to see Amos and my sisters were all in town for once so they were over a lot too. I didn't mind one bit and just kept snacks available to keep my guests happy. :)
We enjoyed a visit with Amos' grandma at her nursing home Thanksgiving morning. Then we headed to my aunts for a wonderful lunch! My cousins and their significant others were all there as well as my sisters so it was quite the large group but wonderful to have everyone together for an afternoon.
Friday I did my annual black friday shopping with my mom, aunt and sisters. I left the girls home with daddy. They seemsed to enjoy the morning with him, infact I barely got a greeting when I got home.
All in all our break was fantastic but went by way too fast. Daddy left Saturday so the girls and I used the rest of the weekend to wind down and lay low after a busy and fun filled week.
We are counting down the days until Christmas when daddy can be home again. We hope you all had a wondeful Thanksgiving. Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment