CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oh Brother!

So Monday on our way home from work and daycare, Briahna asks me if she could have a brother. A WHAT!!! Yah, a baby brother. Oh dear me!!! Where did this come from!?!?!?
So then she asks how to get one. I proceed to tell her that she has to ask God to put one in mommy's tummy, then she has to wait for him to do it. I then explained to her that it would make mommy's tummy big and then we would have to go to the hospital to take it out.
WHEW!
So I thought after we got home she had moved on and I didn't have a chance to say anything to Amos. Well he was getting her ready for bed and she said, "Dad, how will mommy drive if her tummy is big with my baby brother inside?" Let me tell you, he was a little thrown off. I had to quickly explain our earlier conversation. So after that, I figured that she would forget the whole conversation...........wishful thinking!
So Tuesday she talked a little bit more about still wanting one. Then last night (Wednesday night) in the middle of dinner she looks up and says, "God, please put a baby brother in mommy's tummy." I then looked up and said to myself, "God, please don't."
So while I'm NOT pregnant, I have become more open to the idea in the past year or so. HOWEVER, Amos leaves in March for flight school so have both agreed to definately wait until he is back and settled before possibly adding to our crazieness. (Plus, Briahna will be school age by then too.)
I am still amazed as to where Briahna came up with this idea but I hope it settles down for the time being before she starts getting people talking.

1 comment:

  1. That is great!! Gotta love kids and their minds. I just pray Taegan doesn't start that anytime soon:) Not ready at all, but alas it is God's decision....

    ReplyDelete