Well, I am officially counting down the days til Amos is home!! This past week was CRAZY!!
Briahna had her surgery on Thursday. She was a little nervous but did great! She got home and wanted a Popsicle right off the bat, then through out the rest of the day she ate two cans of soup!! I thought "recovery will be a piece of cake." Spoke WAY too soon! Thursday night was rough...she didn't sleep much = me not sleeping much either! She began running a fever which the nurse said was normal for recovery time. On Friday she slept a lot and didn't eat anything. I could hardly get her to drink and just pushed liquids!!! Her fever was on and off Friday and then Friday in the night is spiked very high and she began throwing up. I called the on call nurse and she gave me some ideas and so I tried those and prayer. At 8am Sat her fever was down, not broke but down and she began eating a Popsicle and juice. Then the food came back up! I called the nurse again and she told me to take her in. Sure enough, she was dehydrated and they also found an infection from the surgery. Bummer!! After an IV of fluids and meds she was released. She left the hospital a totally different kid!! Now she still fights her meds but keeps them down. She is also eating better and is starting to act and play like herself....even fights with her sister.
Amos comes home the end of this week and I am so ready! I am emotionally and physically drained! We leave for vacation next Thursday and I am so ready!! I know by then Briahna will be healed and we will all be together again!
Thanks for all your prayers for Briahna as she heals!!
Pressure Cooker Orange Essence Choco-Flan
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment