CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Amos' Surprise 30th Birthday Gift

Amos turned 30 yesterday, October 8th. I really wanted to surprise him for his birthday and fly down to spend a long weekend with him. Guess what....I did! Well....we did, the girls came with....I can't bear to ever tell them that I'm going to see daddy without them.

Before the trip, I had arranged a BBQ to take place for his birthday down in Alabama with a few close friends we've made down there. He knew about the BBQ but didn't know that I was behind it or that we were coming!

So on Friday, we boarded a plane to head south and after a morning of flying, we arrived in Panama City around 2:00pm. Sam and Desi were there to greet us and drive us to Enterprise, AL. We arrived at Brenda & Rogers, where the BBQ would take place. After some setting up, I called Amos from a back room and talked to him....telling him the girls were outside playing with the neighbors (haha) and that I would have them call him later. That really threw him....he even said to me that he wished that the girls and I could have been his birthday present but knowing that I was at home (or so he thought) he realized that wouldn't happen. We said goodbye and he headed to his BBQ. Since I knew he was on his way, I proceeded to hide in a back bedroom with the girls and left the rest of our friends to set up for the party.




The kids watched TV to keep them calm while they waited.

He has arrived! Here he is holding one of our friends' daughters....he has no idea what is waiting for him!

They told him after he arrived that they had a gift for him in the house. They said it was too big to wrap so they were going to bring it out.....Josh was our offical "peak guard" to make sure Amos didn't peak. I asked Amos later what was going through his head and he said he had no idea what they were doing.

We appear from the house but Josh is still standing guard so he can't see us yet.

We're revealed!! The first thing out of his mouth was "You are here!" He was so surprised!!


It was such a wonderful moment! The girls were so happy to be with their daddy ( and I was too!)
THANK YOU so much to all the special people in our lives who made this possible...from taking us to the airport, picking us up, helping me with the kids so I could do sub plans and pack and keep this secret from Amos. I'll leave you with a few more pics from the evening....


The guys thought birthday spankins were needed for the birthday boy.

Hailey and her friend Ava on the pink golf cart.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful surprise! Thanks for the link to your blog neighbor!!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete